A large, prime piece of Fort Mill property once slated for new homes is one of several large property sales in February. All at $1 million or more across York, Lancaster and Chester counties.
Combined, eight such sales total more than $30 million.
Here, according to land records from each county, are the largest property sales for February:
▪ A Rock Hill hotel is listed as a $15.8 million sale on Feb. 7, but it’s a re-recorded transaction with the same owner. Waxhaw-based Raaj Kumar Hotel Investments owns the four-story, more than 66,000-square-foot Home2 Suites hotel at Old Springdale Road and Bilwyn Drive, near the Galleria mall.
▪ Kestrell Timber bought four parcels from Charlotte-based BMWM Timber in Chester County on Feb. 8 for a combined $5.8 million. Together, the properties total more than 1,700 acres. The smallest property is 181 acres. The largest is more than 1,100 acres. The connected properties are off Mt. Pleasant Church and Mt. Prospect roads, between Center and Pinckney roads.
▪ Wellington Square Acquisitions out of Columbia bought 33 properties off Black Highway near U.S. 321 Bypass in York County Feb. 17 for $4 million. The York duplex sites on Wellington Square Drive range from 2,100 to more than 3,000 square feet.
▪ Two large properties between South Dobys Bridge Road and the Catawba River in Fort Mill sold Feb. 2 for a combined $4.2 million. One is an 86-acre farm property at $2.2 million. The other, beside it, is 75 acres that sold for almost $2 million at 1598 Rivers Edge Drive.
Almost a decade ago the properties were part of plans that would’ve brought hundreds of new homes to Fort Mill. Town staff and council decided against those plans and the sales do a developer didn’t happen. Now, Indian Land-based Saviria LLC is the new owner.
The properties touch both South Dobys and the Catawba, and are bordered by Preserve at Riverchase on the west and larger residential lots to the east.
▪ A more than 7,000-square-foot home on Creole Road in Lake Wylie sold Feb. 22 for more than $1.8 million.
▪ More than 134 acres of farm land at 1723 Sharon Road in York sold Feb. 14 for almost $1.3 million. Lotsales, Inc., which bought the site in late 2021 for $1.75 million, sold it to 4Farm Holdings out of Charlotte. The site has more than half a dozen utility garages but is listed mainly as timber property.
▪ A 4,400-square-foot Carnoustie Court home in Indian Land sold Feb. 20 for almost $1.2 million.
▪ A 3,800-square-foot Kirkbride Court home in the Springfield subdivision of Fort Mill sold Feb. 23 for a little more than $1 million.
This story was initially revealed March 2, 2023, 8:31 AM.